A $16,299 Maui Lahaina Loft Wedding (140 Guests)
Included 8 hours of wedding day coverage and an engagement session.
Included in this cost:
•Appetizers for 155 guests
•”This Ain’t Yo Momma’s Traditional Wedding Menu” for 155 guests
•Water with lemon only
•Handling fees (tableware)
•Family Style Service
This included day-of-coordination and one site visit before the wedding.
Included in this cost:
•51’x71′ Sailcloth Tent
•19 Farm Tables
•155 Farm Table Chairs
•20’x20′ wooden dance floor
•1 square farm table
•1 solid maple bar
•4 8′ banquet tables
•160 white dinner plates
•160 salad plates
•144 champagne flutes
•150 water goblet glasses
•165 salad forks
•165 dinner forks
•165 dinner knifes
•Delivery and labor
Made by a friend and printed at Staples. Used Minted.com for the envelopes and stamps.
Included in this cost:
Included in this cost:
•Bride’s bouquet: $75
•Groom’s bout: $7
•Bridesmaid bouquets (5): $60/ea = $300
•Groomsmen/Father of groom, Grandfather of groom bouts (7): $12ea = $84
•Wristlets for MOB, MOG, 3 grandmothers (5): $30/ea = $150
•Centerpieces (17): $55/ea = $935
•Pew bows (8): $10/ea = $80
•Church ceremony arrangements (2): $175/ea = $300
•Wreaths (2): $75/ea = $150
Florals I also should mention they were done by a family friend who I believe charged us basically for the price of flowers and not any extra from labor because what we got was incredible for the price!
We only paid $500 for our videography, as my brother is a wedding videographer and did the video for us! We essentially gave him money toward purchasing a drone. He was in the wedding but his good friend who was also a guest of ours did most of the filming with my brother and my brother did the editing. His company, McSweeney Productions currently charges $2500 for his wedding videography packages.
This included 8 hours of Trolley reservation.
Designer: Martina Liana
My husband only paid $50 for attire because we rented through Generation Tux and the grooms suit was free with an additional 6 rentals. This was the cost of his tie and shoes! (found $36 shoes on amazon – what a score!)
This included gifts for the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and families.
This includes signage, platter, rug, keurig machine, doors and paint for entrance into reception
Shoe cobbler, dress preservation, and bouquet preservation
-With it being a backyard wedding, I think it actually worked against us and cost significantly more than what we ever planned on spending! However, we were so lucky to have been able to use a family property so there was no fee attached to using the space. My in-laws were so generous in allowing us to use their home for our wedding reception but they did invest around $10k into their yard regrading and re-seeding the lawn, adding and running electricity out to points in the yard for lighting, sound, etc., they purchased outdoor furniture for the lounge areas, they kept up with their gardening, removed trees, had the exterior of the house painted, etc. – so much work! But these are not what I consider to be all wedding costs as they are more tied to an overall investment they’ve made on their home!
– Everyone says it but the day FLIES by. I honestly feel like I barely remember some parts of the day because you’re just on such a high and it all goes so fast. People told me this and I tried my hardest but it just goes by in a flash! This is why I’d say that a great photographer and a video if you can swing it is so important.
– If there is something that you really want – i mean REALLY want for your wedding day, and you can realistically make room for it in the budget, DO IT. You will not regret having your perfect day. It is YOUR day and if you really, really want it, find a way to make it happen. Do research, find the best deal, work an extra shift, it is so worth it. Our day was exactly how I wanted it to be and I am so happy and thankful for that! I really wanted to have our meal served family style. It cost a significant amount more to do this but I wanted it because I wanted our wedding meal to have a comfortable, happy, family feel. This is one of the things we get the most positive feedback about about our wedding day that people remember and appreciate! Worth it!
– Try to say hi to everyone if you can but don’t stress about spending time to catch up – you simply don’t have enough time. And everyone understands how busy you are and are just happy to have been invited to witness and experience your special day with you. Say hello, express your thanks, and move on. Let them enjoy the party and you and your new spouse need to enjoy it too! You paid all this money for it you should enjoy it!
– Send out invites early enough to get RSVPs back and get out a B-list of invites. Our invite list was the absolute maximum number of people we wanted to come and could afford to come. I didn’t really leave enough time for a B-list and with about 40 “no”s we totally could have sent out a second round of invites to those college friends, work friends, etc. that we had to decide to cut from the list!
– Delegate! The day before our wedding ended up being a day of tying together loose ends and my to-do list seemed to be a mile long. My husband and I both decided we needed to delegate tasks to our wedding party and our family – they are there to help you and should be more than willing and thank goodness for all of them! It relieved so much of our stress and everyone felt helpful and appreciated. Running errands, tying ribbons on favor boxes, etc. I could not have done this wedding without our friends and family! I also didn’t use a planner but I did have a Day-of Coordinator who saved my life. She was amazingly helpful and was my saving grace in pulling this wedding together without a planner!
– My final and most important piece of advice to brides isn’t the nicest or the best sounding but you need to know… THINGS WILL GO WRONG! The week and the DAY before our wedding so, and I mean SO many things went wrong or I had huge curveballs thrown my way. Take it in, take deep breath, and figure out how to get past it. My husband’s tie got embroidered on the FRONT MIDDLE of the tie. (i wanted a patch on the back with our names and wedding date and they did it right on the front… OMG). My day-of paper got printed on beige cardstock when I ordered it on ivory… it looked yellow. So many little things started going wrong that week but I said this is my wedding and people understand that so I learned to tell people what I needed from them, when I needed it, and everyone came through and got it done for me and fixed things. It is your day! If you want it to be perfect you have every right to make it perfect. but with that, also understand these things happen and you sometimes need to roll with it. At the end of the day you are marrying your best friend and the little details will not change that.